CALL FOR PAPERS
The Second Business Journalism Education
& Corporate Communication Development Conference
Aims of the conference:
The Second Financial Journalism Education & Corporate Communication Development Conference, organised by the School of Communication, Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), Hong Kong, will be held at Hang Seng Management College on 8th November 2014. It aims to extend the academic frontier of financial journalism and corporate communication by exploring inter-disciplinary collaboration across journalism, communication studies, public relations, advertising, business studies, and scholarly inputs from other fields. The first conference, which was held on 5th May 2012, brought together the experienced professors and professionals of Journalism and Communication across Hong Kong, Mainland and Taiwan. We discussed significant themes including the role of media industry in journalism education, the development of higher education in the business context, and challenges and opportunities of journalism education.
This year, our focus will be in-depth investigation of Financial Journalism and Corporate Communication in the Internet Era in great China. We invite papers on themes such as the following:
- Development of Business and Financial Journalism in Mainland China, Taiwan and / or Hong Kong
- Business and Financial Journalism Education in Mainland China, Taiwan and / or Hong Kong
- Development of Corporate Communication and education in the Internet Era: challenges and opportunities
- Other quality papers surrounding business and financial journalism and corporate communication in the Internet Era will also be considered
Submission of abstracts:
- Topic of the paper
- Keywords (around five)
- Name(s) of author(s)
- Email and postal address(es)
- Phone number(s)
The organising committee of the conference and scholars invited by the committee will review the abstracts. We will inform authors of accepted abstracts by 1st September 2014.
Language of paper submission and presentation:
- English / Chinese
- Hong Kong Hang Seng Management College
Conference proceeding and publication:
- All papers will be included in the conference proceeding. We invite all conference presenters to submit full papers. The organising committee will review and select papers for further publication.
Format of full papers:
- Word limit: 10,000 (in either English or Chinese, inclusive of abstract, content, data tables, appendix and bibliography, etc);
- Citation in APA format; and
- Microsoft Word document.